verse


Thursday, September 27, 2012

What God is doing

I know most of you come to our blog to see what's happening in our lives in regard to adoption, but I'd like to share something different, yet related, with you today.

Our friend Becky Locke is a recent IWU graduate who served on staff at Brookhaven Wesleyan for awhile before being called by God to go to Poland to work with the youth there. Becky originally had a goal to make it to Poland by July of this past summer but is now aiming for October, after some unplanned delays in August (isn't the Lord's timing awesome though how He knows our futures even when we have our own thoughts of the "whens" and "wheres"?). Anyway, I wanted to share Becky's Facebook post with you today, as her journey has impacted us as we trust God to provide financially and in His timing for our adoption. Becky was appointed as a missionary with Global Partners earlier in 2012 and now, less than ONE YEAR later, she is so very close to leaving all she knows to love the youth of Poland. Here's what Becky shared today:

I want to celebrate and give all glory to God for His mighty power! I give Him praise for raising up a team of His people who believe in His faithfulness and anticipate the mighty work He is going to do through all of us in Poland!! Yes, I mean ALL of us! Even YOU! 

PARTNERS: God has laid it on my heart to share this with you today! Your partnership is an incredible value to me and the Polish people, I pray it will be an incredible blessing to you as well. I am praying and believing that I will be at 100% [funded] by the end of next week and will be heading out by October 26th! Please pray and believe with me! Thank you for being a vital part of our ministry. Please, let me know how I can be praying for you during this journey. These next two years are going to be amazing!


Philippians 1:3-6 "Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God. Whenever I pray, I make my requests for all of you with joy, for you have been my partners in spreading the Good News about Christ from the time you first heard it until now. And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns."


I want to rejoice with you!



-Becky

How awesome our God is to provide so incredibly for Becky and show her that He has INDEED called her! If you want to learn more about Becky's journey and how God has worked in her life or would like to partner with her through prayer or financially, you can find her on Facebook on Becky Locke in Poland or by visiting her missionary page by clicking here.

Praise God for His amazing, perfect, and complete provision!

No comments :

Post a Comment